Pages

5 déc. 2011

Australia : rollerskating the East coast


Since a year, I travel (and work) across New Zealand. Where I realize many dreams I had’nt dream yet, I think. Swimming with Dolphins at Akaroa, takking the sun with Sea Lion at Cannibal Bay, skydiving at the North Shore, playing for the TV series Power Rangers, going up the river at Queenstown in helicopter and going down on rafting, many trek at Waitakere Range... (look  photos and the funky team blog). But it’s nothing compared with the fabulous peoples I met.
When leaved France, I would change my quotidian. The bet is already won spending 9 months in a Campervan living from little jobs and meet up. But travel calls travel, hard to stop now. So, As it wasn’t fair enough, I choose to cross the Tasman sea to meet a other island, a little bit bigger... the biggest... Australia.

This year, spent far away from my habitudes, gave me the time to read, to attend at photographic awards, to think about my desires, about my future jobs and the idea to roller-skate the Australian East coast.

Exactly, on roller-skate and hammock! CamperVan, it’s enough for me. Bicycle , to hard for my bumps. Roller-skates, it ‘s fine ;p

I’m going on a unknown world, but with a little experience for roller-skate’s trip (Cf Marseille-ToulonEvreux-Dreux, 24h du Mans Roller with PomKeKoi).

Sure, it’s a ridiculous experience for what’s waiting for me : sleeping with dangerous spider, be attacked by crocodiles, washing myself in dangerous sharks water ! Without speaking about snakes!

So, I prepared well my travel for limiting surprise and reassure my family : My travel start at Melbourne. I should go to the North.

That sit! And after ? I should lie to tell you that I’m gonna send news every day, where I gonna sleep, what I gonna eat. So I prefer to keep quiet. Are you reassured?! But you can follow me on spot adventures.

I spent many time to read and analyse travellers’ trips around Australia and the world. Often on a bicycle, sometimes by feet, rarely on roller-skate, they cross countries with a tent and an amazing taste for the travel. As travel was the cause and the raison on the same time.

I tried to answer at the question why? Why this Hell grab me in this way, also I could be sitting on my couch with feet on the table and eating sushi witch I just receipted at my door ? no, I don’t have any good answer. But after that I promise I come back.

nordine_saidou
During my searches I found this picture, dated from 1988, from the first roller-skater of the world who cross Australia... Quiet sexy, no? I don’t know what his travel’s condition was, but I can say he rolled light! For me, it’s going to be quiet different.

I’m going to arrive at the Aussie land with my Roller-skate, a good level in swimming (definitely useless) and the smile. I have never been in Australia. I don’t know how good the road surface is, How Australians drive. But It should be the country of roller-skates, so it’s going to be all good !?!!
I think spending nights in hammock and in Backpaker at big city. For the rest, I’ve to choose something to carry my luggage. I would be independent for 2 or 3 days, what exclude a backpack on my back.

I can’t imagine carrying 9 litters of water, food and other thinks on my back. Roller skates slip already enough! I’m gonna try  to don’t fall and break myself, just before be consumed by à crocodile !

I think about a wheelbarrow, a Jogging Stroller, a caddie, or I make a local skatedrive ? The original one has been really useful for my last trip... to be continued...
So, I’m ready to go, I’ve got the Visa, but nothing is finally ready. Melbourne arrived is planned early January, just before NZ send me out of the country. Start from Melbourne, I don’t know, almost 5 months.

Finally, “I know I don’t know many”, but it’s nice to know ;)

Pending fresh news, you can follow me on twitter.com/Flollive

When I think about 1 years ago, I was nicely installed in front of my computer. And now, I’m at the other side of the world without knowing what’ll happen tomorrow: Maybe a work day, a walk into the bush, or a couple of drinks with friends. Just one night has been enough to be there, in this uncontrolled shift of life.
“When nothing is planned, everything is possible” !

Aucun commentaire: